Sunday, March 25, 2007

Yay for Weekends!

Friday night I had dinner with friends I hadn't seen in awhile. One married couple, one engaged couple and myself. Lots of wedding talk, and there were some occasional "I want that" feelings on my part, but no one did the awkward "We need to find you a man" conversation starter, so all in all it was a good evening. After I got home, I started reading a new book. (Something I only allow myself to do on weekends or days I'm not in school, because I will stay up too late reading.) I stayed up until 2am, but slept until after noon, so it was all good.

I played 4 games of softball Saturday. It was absolutely beautiful weather...cool enough to not be hot, with cloud cover, but not chilly. I played catcher all 4 games and the only hitch was getting pelted in the shin (Thanks Greg!) :) While I can feel my muscles today, I can still walk without groaning (a big step up from last time!) A group of friends went out to dinner afterwards and had great conversation and laughter. Home to do more reading (again until after 2am) and finished the book! (The guy died, they didn't end up together...sad.) Up this morning and headed to another outside event, this time spreading Easter eggs and carrying flats of water and Sprite all over the place. Free lunch and home to take a nap.

Thank you God for providing a time outdoors in Your creation and a time for laughter with friends!

4 comments:

  1. In my defense you were not paying attention... but hopefully it won't bruise too bad...

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's true. I wasn't really paying attention. There is a bruise with a knot underneath it, but it doesn't hurt badly. In fact, I can't feel it at all compared to my quads!

    ReplyDelete
  3. well I can hardly climb the stairs if it makes you feel better.

    ReplyDelete