Monday, March 19, 2007

Not Just Another Monday

Something happened today that hadn't happened to me in 5 years. It used to happen quite often in high school, summer jobs, discretionary days and twice in college. However, it hasn't happened at all in my teaching career...until today. I woke up after I was supposed to be at work. Our duty hours are 7:15am - 3:15pm. That is when we are supposed to sign in and when we are allowed to sign out. Students arrive at my door at 7:40. There have been times when I arrived at 7:30 or even 7:40, but today was completely different. Today my teaching partner called me at 7:44 and woke me up! Talk about heart-stopping. I never know what happens on days like today. I literally do not remember hearing my alarm go off. I used to blame it on the alarm. "It didn't go off." or "I set the time, but must not have turned it on." It has happened often enough in my life now to realize that it went off just fine. I turned it off and went back to sleep with absolutely no recollection of having done so!

I signed in at 8:33am today and walked into my classroom shortly thereafter to applause. Quite humbling, I assure you.

What a way to start the day after Spring Break!

3 comments:

  1. So, the time change is just now hitting you, eh?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Or my mind was still in Spring Break since I stayed up until 2am...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Now I kind of feel bad for calling to ask you questions about roast...but just in case you're wondering...pot roast is on sale a Kroger for $1.99 per pound

    ReplyDelete