Friday, March 30, 2007

Patience is a Virtue...right?

There is one particular place in my life in which I am not being very patient, and the Lord is teaching me much. However, this particular post is about a much lighter topic.

I was driving to work this morning and needed to turn left, so I pull into the left turn lane. This isn't at a light, and I can't see because there are two fairly large vans/suvs in the opposite turn lane. I see a pair of headlights coming, but they're pretty far back so I decide to gas it and go. A heartstopping moment ensued followed by a heartrate that is just beginning to slow down. Two large cars were barrelling down the road! I hadn't seen them and they were probably doing 40. In a split second, lots of thoughts rush through my mind. What do I do? (I tap the breaks.) I've committed and they are in the middle and right lane...GAS IT! They both break (and honk) as I squeal by.

Whew!

No comments:

Post a Comment