Tuesday, March 13, 2007

Lightweight?

So I went out to dinner with a friend last night. We were told the wait was about 30 minutes, so we wandered over to the bar, ordered drinks, and 30 minutes later with no table in sight for us, an appetizer. We were starving! Now I drink things fairly fast. Not because I'm a lush (promise!) but because if something is in my hand, I'm going to be drinking it. Call it Freudian "hand to mouth" or whatever, but I drink things pretty quickly. So my mai tai was gone in about fifteen minutes, with no ill effects. Whereas my friend had ordered a similar drink and when we left the restaurant 3 hours after we arrived, she still was not finished with it...and asked me to drive home!

I find this amusing simply because...well because I do. :)

4 comments:

  1. I'll admit it...I'm a lightweight, but you have to admit that there was plenty of "people watching" to do which did distract me. Spring breakers...wow!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Distract you from what? Drinking? :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Admit it! You wouldn't have finished the drink if we were the only two people in the restaurant! ;)

    ReplyDelete