Friday, March 02, 2007

A Commission and an Eye-Opening Compliment

I was commissioned this evening to get married. Let me back up. A group of people went to a foreign country. Out of that group, a smaller group went to dinner one evening. We had such a great time that we decided to continue the tradition upon our return home. We gathered a few times as a small group for a meal at different homes. Out of this group of 6, there were 3 men and 3 women. One woman got married last November. One man is getting married next month. One of the single men told me tonight that it is my duty to uphold the pattern (girl, guy) and get married because the other girl has been emphatic that it is not her time to do so. He even went on to say that I was holding up 3rd guy from getting married (because the one telling me to get married is not ready either...) Hello!!! I mean, really!? I'm going to stand on the grounds of being a lady here and say it is the man's job to pursue. I can hold my own in the world of flirting, I can give hints (subtle or otherwise) but when it comes to pursuit, it is "his" job. :)

This evening was interesting. Not five minutes before the previously posted conversation I was told by a friend that I have "changed a lot" over the course of the past few months. I am now "friendlier and more open." I wasn't outwardly aware that I had been cool, distant or closed off; however, I am not overly surprised at this observation. The past 6 months were a difficult time in my walk with my Savior. I was struggling and because I was struggling I was reacting badly to some other things in my life. I am now doing better in my walk with Christ and therefore life is going better. Isn't the parallel amazing?

No comments:

Post a Comment