Sunday, January 31, 2010

Update on "The List"

Earlier this month, I posted the following list of goals. I've made progress on some of them and am adding others. It's always fun to chronicle progress towards accomplishments, so the last day of each month I plan to do a reflection and update the status of each item on the list! Here's January's check!

1. Take a self-defense class: I've researched this, but haven't moved forward.

2. Pay off medical bills: TOTALLY FINISHED!

3. Go to Chicago: I've research this, but am not sure anyone else can go...don't want to go by myself, so we'll see what happens here.

4. Go skydiving: Mom may go with me! Wow! I've done the research and we'll see what happens with Mom's decision...

5. Take a course on gun safety, get a license to carry a gun and purchase one: This has been temporarily put off. a) It's pretty expensive b) Having a gun in home causes many conversations to happen...

6. Re-take the GRE (long story) and work HARD at completing my Master's degree: GRE has been taken and I'm set to graduate in December of this year! Whoo-hooo!

7. Go cash predominantly (I'm not sure cash only is even an option anymore): I'm currently practicing this one. It's going well, and I like it!

8. Go on a mission trip: I'm in communication to try to set one up for this summer. We'll see what the Lord has in store!

9. Plant things (I'm being vague on purpose) in my garden: Umm, it's winter time. Not really the time for planting... :)

10. Cook more regularly: I've been cooking each weekend and using those meals throughout the week. I cook some during the week too, but primarily on the weekend.

11. Figure out why my wifi doesn't work at home: Yeah, no.

12. Use everything in my pantry before going grocery shopping: If you've read the blog at all, you know I've been moving forward on this one! I'm allowing myself to buy perishables (meat, produce, dairy), but nothing else. It's been fun, challenging and a money-saver!

13. Re-read the Proverbs 31 woman study...focus hard on the character traits the Lord leads me too: I haven't started this one.

14. Meet Angie Smith: Going to Nashville is a possibility over Spring Break...so maybe.

15. Visit Crosspoint Church: If I go to Nashville over SB, then this is the plan.

16. Meet Brandi and Pete Wilson: See #14.

17. Meet the first few requirements in Dave Ramsey's list of 'acting your wage' (I'm using my own words here): Yep! :)

18. Pay off Television: Yep!

19. Work out more regularly: Yep!

20. Post more regularly: I've posted more this month than any month last year! I think that qualifies! :)


That's what I can think of right now. I added 3...now granted the three I added are ones I've already accomplished, but isn't that the fun of adding to a list? So you can mark them off? :) I may add more later!

1 comment:

  1. hey..you're always welcome to come visit me and we can go to chicago.. i'm only a couple hours away from there! :)

    ReplyDelete