Sunday, January 17, 2010

Call Me Goofy

I don't care if its silly, but I've really been having fun with my camera lately. Its still a point and click job, so its not the camera per se, but I'm still having fun!

I got a hair cut this morning!


I'd like to grow it out, so it was just a trim. I love, love, love my hairstylist. He's just great! He had to cut off enough to keep it healthy, so growing it out means going a little shorter right now, but I like it. =) (I took several silly pics in my car, but in the interest of self-preservation, I'm not including those =)

Here's a pic from last night to see a comparison.


Then I went to pick up my boots. The entire heel was about to come off the right boot and the little tips on the bottoms of both heels needed replaced. I've had them 8 years, so I definitely didn't mind $26 in maintenance! I LOVE these boots!



Have you ever tried dark chocolate covered cranberries? Yumm!



A pedicure was next on the stop for the day. I went with a color I've previously sworn I would NEVER try...



GREEN! (official nail polish color: electric eel)


Genesis and I went walking this afternoon. (This pic is from last week. I forgot to take one today.)


And then I came home and cooked! I'm keeping to my personal challenge and it's been fun! (Again, I know this is silly. I don't care. It makes me smile. =) And it's super stewardship!)

I had pork tenderloin in the freezer. I cut some of it into pork chops



and marinated it in Jack Daniels for about 20 minutes. (I'd prefer to do it longer, but this wasn't really preplanned, so I didn't have time.)



Then I sauteed onion and garlic in a light olive oil

before adding some beef broth and 2 cans of mushroom steak sauce.



I let it cook for about 5 minutes and then added a corn starch and water mixture to thicken. The pork chops went in next



and the final touch was a can of diced Italian style tomatoes. Just a little Italian seasoning for flavor and cook for about 25 minutes.




It was wonderful!




(PS: Now, I'm out of
Does my challenge include whiskey? Hmm...)

No comments:

Post a Comment