Monday, November 05, 2007

Chat is disabled. What? Oh No!

I sat down at my computer for a brief moment and glanced at my gmail account. I noticed a short message under my status: "Chat is disabled." A longer message below that explained that my network administrator had blocked gmail chat and I would no longer be able to use it when connected to the network. What?! Gmail chat is where I have heartfelt conversations with my wise friend and short "keep me up to date on your life" conversations with several other friends! Chat has been blocked! Nuh-huh! (Yes, I know that's such a mature reaction.) To my utter relief, in just seconds chat was enabled again. My contact with the world is, once again, complete!

3 comments:

  1. When I read the beginning of this post my reaction was "oh NO!" but then I kept reading and breathed a sigh of relief. Whew.

    ReplyDelete
  2. All of that plus external e-mail is disabled here. I've gotten used to it now.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Carissa, same here. I can't check any personal email at work. Imagine that!

    ReplyDelete