Monday, November 26, 2007

Drum Roll Please

Awhile back, I sent out the following in an email to all my female friends.

The topic of stay-at-home-moms has come up a few times in conversation lately. The question being "How many women REALLY want to be a stay at home mom?" I have a guess, but thought I would poll all my friends. So you're receiving this because you're in my contacts list! :)

My question is simply this:
Do you want to be a stay-at-home mom?

Note: The question is not 'Do you stay at home?' or 'Do you think it is best?' but simply 'Do you want to be a stay-at-home mom?'


I made a handy spreadsheet and entered results as I received them. I found them to be quite interesting! Several women had quite a bit to say about the subject.

These are the results:

I sent the email to 101 women. I received 61 replies.

Yes: 49 women
No: 7 women
Conditonally: 2 women
Don't Know: 3 women

One woman plans on her husband staying at home.

No comments:

Post a Comment