Wednesday, November 14, 2007

Dreams

Very rarely do I remember my dreams. I mean hardly ever! I know we're told that we dream every night, but that is hard for me to believe because I have zero cognition for having done so! The dreams I do remember are usually very vague and 'off.' I don't know how else to describe it except that they very rarely make any sense. Sometimes they'll involve a situation that applies to my life, but the timing is all wrong.

Last night a friend and I were talking about a dream she'd had recently. That led to a conversation about a dream I'd had in college. A fairly embarrasing one, but what can you do? I leave her house, head home and don't think about dreams again. Then I wake up this morning thinking about the dream I had just had! Bizarre, right?

Oddly enough, my dream was about delivering pizza to some of my students. Something I did yesterday as a part of a school fundraiser, though I didn't deliver pizza to any of the students in my dream. It was all amusing to me though since I'd just had a conversation about dreams.

Hmm, maybe our thoughts really do have something to do with what we dream about?

2 comments:

  1. I dreamed I was in high school last night. Talk about a nightmare!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I tried to post a comment earlier and something went terribly wrong. I was going to say if our dreams are prompted by our thoughts than that makes my recent dreams all the more disturbing. Where's Freud when you need him?

    ReplyDelete