Sunday, November 18, 2007

Badum-badum-badum

I had a pounding heart moment. I'm sitting on my bed, checking email before turning off the light. I just heard a faint sound. It sounded vaguely like a drip/click. I glance over at my glass on the nightstand, thinking the condensation had built up. It hadn't. I trepidly cast my eyes upward as my heart starts to beat quickly. I see a small bubbled area above my desk...and I can't remember if I've seen it before.

There is no moisture on my desk, but I climb on my desk chair and hesitantly reach for the ceiling. Whew...it's dry. I look at a couple of other questionable spots, but they're all dry too. My heart is now back to it's normal rhythm. I'm not sure what the original 'click/drip' sound was, and I'm okay with not knowing.

As long as it's not water coming out of my ceiling.

1 comment:

  1. Amen.

    Although water rushing down your hall would be bad too.

    ReplyDelete