Monday, November 19, 2007

Ugh

A child writes the note "I'm stupid cause I'm ______ and I'm not important." She then draws a picture of fill-in-blank child and crosses out the picture to underscore her thoughts of said child. Another child sees the picture/note and takes it.

I call one parent to explain the written note. I ask her to talk to her child about disrespect and the need to treat everyone respectfully. I use my cell phone for this as I do not have a phone in my classroom. She talks to her daughter and hangs up. She then calls me back asking for the school phone number. She wanted to schedule an appointment with the principal. When asked if it was something she could discuss with me, she insisted on being given the school's phone number. A few moments later, I receive an email from the school secretary asking that I set up a conference with this parent. Urgh.

I call the other parent to discuss stealing...excuse me, in this politically correct world, 'taking something that does not belong to you.' I ask her to talk to her child. Next thing I know, she's knocking on my classroom door! What?!?

So instead of teaching this morning, I was handling parents.

No comments:

Post a Comment