Tuesday, November 27, 2007

Run down

I'm tired. I know I just had three days off work, but they weren't relaxing days. I was busy non-stop.

I knew when the state of Texas changed the rules about when school could start that it would be a long time between breaks. But there is a difference in knowing it and doing it.

We went from Labor Day to Thanksgiving without a single day off. 56 days straight. In the Spring we'll do the same from MLK to Spring Break. 39 days straight. That's not so bad, I guess. Then we go another 45 days until Memorial Day. After Memorial day, we come back for 4 days. How much sense does that make?

All of this serves to make me tired.

2 comments:

  1. I am so with you- whoever made the calendar this year is on crack.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, so you didn't have a week off like I did? ;-)

    Seriously, though, we are all counting down the days until Christmas! Lots of pacing guide material to cover in that time, but come 12/21...oh, it's on!

    ReplyDelete