Monday, April 30, 2007

Solid Milk

I brought a cup of milk to work last week as part of my breakfast. It was in one of those big Astros cups you get when you order a Diet Coke at the Juice Box, but that doesn't really matter. Anyway, there were just a couple of inches of milk at the bottom of the cup.
I put it in the small refrigerator I keep in my classroom. Then forgot about it.

Today, I was moving some things around to fit a pan of brownies in the fridge and needed to move the cup of milk. I glanced in the cup, planning to ask a student to go wash it out. The top inch or so? Solid! As in thick, all moves together when you swish the cup, solid! GROSS!

I felt like I'd been a part of a science experiment and didn't even know it.

2 comments:

  1. This brings back memories of a carton of milk that was once in Dustin's refrigerator for ONE YEAR. It actually blew the lid off of the carton...

    ReplyDelete