Tuesday, April 03, 2007

On the couch = ...in the doghouse?


I live in an apartment complex that does not have washer/dryer hookups in the apartments. Instead, we go to a small in-complex laundromat. There are eight washers and eight dryers, though none of them all work at the same time. It is $1.00 to wash and $1.00 to dry. I usually do 3 or 4 loads at one time, unless I have sheets or towels...then its more like 5 or 6. The laundromat is great because I get it done all at one time. The laundromat isn't so great because I can't do it throughout the week as I have time to throw a load in.

So Sunday, I did laundry. This week I needed to do sheets and towels, so there were more loads than usual. Not a big deal though, because there are multiple machines, and I get $50 in quarters from the bank about every 6-8 months, so quarters aren't a problem either. I got all the wash done before church, but didn't have time to get it out of the dryer before I had to leave. So I arrive home about 9pm and head to the laundromat to pick up my laundry. A friend came over and we hung out until just after 10. I hadn't put my sheets back on my bed and that is an overwhelming task to me when I'm tired, so I decided to just sleep on the couch.

Yesterday was another busy day. I didn't arrive home until after 9:30...so I didn't even bother with the sheets. They're sitting on my bed in a clean clump. The towels are still in the laundry basket, as is the rest of the laundry. Yet again, I slept on the couch.

I have class tonight and will get home around 8:00. Hopefully I will have enough energy to actually finish my laundry!

No comments:

Post a Comment