Sunday, April 29, 2007

3 months nothing...then an email?

So I had a date with a guy mid December. We didn't know each other very well, so it was a lot of conversation, laughter and all the "get to know you" type questions. All in all it wasn't a bad first date. A few days later I went out of town for Christmas. We talked a couple of times while I was gone. Upon my return to our great city, we scheduled a second date. The morning of our date, he calls me to cancel because he was moving that weekend and wasn't finished packing yet. No problem. I'm an understanding girl.

Then I don't hear from him again. Period.

Until this weekend. He emails me with no explanation whatsoever for his silence. Just chitchat about what has been going on in his life.

Seriously?

4 comments:

  1. Some really are THAT clueless Alyssa! And/or hoping you're THAT desperate!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I must be getting cynical b/c I wasn't that shocked. The first thought that ran through my head was "typical guy." Sorry, guys, I know there are some of you out there who aren't typical, but this kind of situation really is not all that unusual, unfortunately.

    Alyssa, if you want me to beat this guy up for you, I am willing... just last week my trainer told me I was "ready to fight." :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. "Ready to fight," huh?

    Nah, I'm not planning on responding to the email so I really don't need you to beat him up, either. But thanks for the offer!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This guy sounds totally clueless. That's no way to treat some one as priceless as you. Shame, shame.

    ReplyDelete