Monday, March 04, 2013

God is a Warrior

We sang this song in church on Sunday.  One of our worship leaders, Isaac Wimberley, wrote it.    Don't just read the words...try to visualize them. :)


God is a Warrior, fighting for me
Forever reigning in victory
He has defeated death and the grave
Overcome sin with the power to save

Oh, strong and mighty is His name
So, strong and mighty is His name

There in the face of enemy
You have prepared a place for me
Though I walk through shadows dark
You put a song in my heart

Defending Your glory, you have conquered all
The kingdom, the power is yours

God is a Warrior, fighting for me
Forever reigning in victory
He has defeated death and the grave
Overcome sin with the power to save

He is my strength!  He is my song!
He is the God of my salvation
2x

God is a Warrior, fighting for me
Forever reigning in victory
He has defeated death and the grave
Overcome sin with the power to save
2x


Ok, this is me again...  :)

God is a WARRIOR, y'all!  A WARRIOR!  So often, I think I visualize Him as a peaceful, loving, gracious Lord.  A gracious Father, a Loving Counselor.  And He is....Oh, He IS!

But, this is a different picture.  I'm thinking a combination of Mel Gibson in Braveheart and Russell Crowe in Gladiator...but so much better.  SO MUCH BETTER!  He is a warrior.  AND...oh, AND, He is fighting for me!

He has already conquered anything I will ever face.  Anything my mind could even possibly conjure up.  He has conquered it.  CONQUERED it, y'all.

Worried, I'm going to be single forever?  He's conquered that worry.  He's conquered facing life alone.

Frustrated and heart sick with the neglect and abuse children are facing?  He's conquered it.  CONQUERED it, DEAD!  He is with them.

Knots in my stomach over becoming a single parent ON PURPOSE?  Oh, yeah, He helped Mary when Joseph wanted to walk away.  He has CONQUERED that, too.

But, Lord, what about _______________________?  Y'all.  Whatever worry you're putting in the blank.  He's conquered it.  He's defeated death.  He rose from the grave.

He is strong and mighty.  Not even just Him and His presence....but His name.  His name!!  Can your name be called strong and mighty?  Nope.  Mine neither.  But, my God's name is strong and mighty.  He's a warrior fighting for me...and for you.  He is reigning in victory.

He's got this.  My God's a warrior.  I don't need to worry.

No comments:

Post a Comment