Saturday, March 09, 2013

Fostering: A decision

I am surrounded by loving and supportive girl friends and family that are willing to pray with me and for me.  They're willing to be my sounding board and my voice of reason when I'm being all emotional.

Philippians 4:7 "and the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus."

After yesterday's post, I had a restful night of sleep.  I had emailed my girls, my prayer warriors.  I had conversed with one good friend of several years and one soon to be good friend that is a few months ahead of me down this road of single fostering.  I could let this worry go...and sleep.

I left God is a Warrior playing softly on repeat.  

And I slept.  

I talked with Mom and Dad today and told them my new friend's advice and parts of her story.  I cried.  I started feeling all "mama-bear-ish" for the little one coming, and I don't even have her yet!

I'm not really a crier.  I mean, I tear up in sappy movies, sure.  But, I rarely get all emotional about life.  When I cry, it's either a single tear or two...or it's body shaking sobs.  I've already cried for my little girl several times.  Really cried.  In the last 24 hours.  It's like I'm hormonal and pregnant or something ;)  Good thing I'm not getting any weird cravings!

I jest, but this has been one wild ride of expectant motherhood.

It ain't for the faint of heart!

I've emailed Arrow and confirmed I am sticking with licensing for one child.  I will trust in the Lord's timing for when He has a precious one for me.


No comments:

Post a Comment