Monday, March 25, 2013

10 Random Things

I thought it would be fun to be random. :)  I'm taking a short break from fostering posts to post 10 random things about me!

1.  I like using the "little" fork for everything.  I know it's supposed to just be for salads, but I eat all my meals at home with the little fork.

2.  I have a slightly flat foot.  This means "cute" shoes don't work for me.  Heels are a no go.

3.  I count things.  I'm not as bad now as I was at a kid.  But I counted doorways by "5s".  Yep.  I would lay in bed and mentally walk through the house counting doorways.  I had to make it a 5.  So I went up the doorpost, across the top, down the other side and then crisscrossed it in my mind to get 5.  Then I counted all the doorways in our house.  I counted ceiling tiles (rows/columns) in school.  They didn't have to be 5s.  I don't understand my logic either, but it made sense to me at the time!

4.  I fell in love with Texas History when Mrs. Tucker, my 7th grade teacher, taught about Native Americans hunting the buffalo and eating the heart right there on the prairie.  What 7th grader doesn't like gross?  It is still one of my favorite lessons to teach to this day.

5.  I leave a trail of shoes behind me. Every few days, I walk through my house and pick up all the shoes (5-7 pair usually) and take them to my closet.  I once left a pair of shoes at my parents' house and drove home barefoot without even noticing.  (I was really tired!)

6.  I eat one food at a time.  I can't go back and forth from my entree to the side and back again.  I start with a side, then move to the entree, then to the other side.  I might not finish the side before I move on to the entree.  When I'm finished eating all the things on my plate one at a time, I'm then quite comfortable moving back and forth between whatever's left. :)

7.  A beach or cruise vacation is my favorite relaxing vacation.

8.  Foods that I swallow without chewing don't feel like eating to me.  (Applesauce, yogurt, pudding.)

9.  I've never broken a bone.

10.  I've been to more countries outside the United States than states within the United States.  I'm hoping to change that soon.  There is so much in America that I want to see!

No comments:

Post a Comment