Monday, March 11, 2013

A Different Spring Break

This is the first time in a few years that I've been at home over Spring Break.  The last two years, I've left for Haiti as soon as I could leave work Friday afternoon and spent 7 wonderful days in a beautiful country filled with hurting, yet strong people that have sweet spirits and gorgeous smiles.  I learned a little bit of Kreole and ate delicious food.  I hiked a REALLY hard trail and held a friend's hair while she puked over the side. I saw gorgeous mountain sides with clouds wisping by.  I worshiped the Lord at the top of that hard trail and, while I didn't forget how hard that trail had been, I didn't mind it any more.  I crossed fast moving creeks while holding cinder blocks and bags of food and toys.  I rode on the back of a moto and had a truck almost clip my leg.  I learned car horns can be used for MANY things, mostly positive. :)

I was challenged to share what the Lord was teaching me and to always use "I" or "me" instead of the more general "we".

I met Lacey and Mark Stockeland and their two sweet children and made friends for life.

Friends from Houston's First Baptist Church are in Haiti this week, and I am blessed to be able to pray for them.

I love my Spring Break plans for this year and am excited for what is ahead in the coming weeks.  But Haiti will always hold a dear place in my heart.

No comments:

Post a Comment