Sunday, October 25, 2009

What a great weekend!

This weekend has been so much fun!

The battery in my camera was dead, and I realized that too late, so I don't have any pictures. :(

Friday night, I met a friend for dinner at Raisin' Canes and ate for free. :)

Saturday morning, I went grocery shopping and felt like I stole the food! I purchased SOOO much and all for less than $90. I love HEB!

I went to a birthday brunch to celebrate a friend's birthday. The hostesses outdid themselves. It was fantastic!

Then I was able to hold Jill's baby! Luke Aaron was born 8:30 Friday night. Yay! He is absolutely adorable! He has a full head of dark hair that is feather soft! The cord was wrapped around his neck, so it ended up being a C-section. Jill and Luke are both fine. So fun!

Hoedown was Saturday, and I think this was the best one yet! Kindall, Jalen, Tracey, Jayme and I rode up together. So much fun! Ryan did an excellent job putting it all together! I danced and danced! It was great! I think my boots have finally been worn in! (After how many years?) My feet didn't hurt, which was wonderful! I think I need to get back out to Wild West a little more often. I'd forgotten how much I love to dance. :) We stopped at DQ on our way back in town for a blizzard. Yummm! Of course, as all road trips require, we had a funny experience. Hehe

I watched several episodes of Criminal Minds last night and slept late this morning.

Today, I've done quite a bit in the kitchen and around the condo. I cooked a turkey. I think this might have been my first time. For some reason, I think I might have done it before...but I just can't remember. It turned out fantastic! So juice and tender. I've frozen most of it and will use it later for casseroles and probably a soup. I also cooked pork tenderloin for the first time. I made it with a mushroom marsala sauce. Yummm! Vegetarian chili was going to be for a gathering tomorrow night that has been rescheduled. Hmmm, now I have a lot of food. I think I'll take some to Jill and Aaron once they arrive home and also to Lindsay and James. Their life has been torn a part lately. My heart hurts for them and taking a meal is something that can be a little bit of help.

Tom came over this afternoon with his shovel. The plan was to dig up the leftover trunk from the tree I chopped down last week. He dug up quite a bit of dirt, and the trunk kept going! He recommended a pick axe to finish the job. My cousin, Jon, is coming in town next weekend and said he can bring one! I'm looking forward to making it look nice and this is one more step in that process!

I'm about to put clean sheets on the bed. Yay for clean sheet night!

See? What a great weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment