Wednesday, October 14, 2009

A day? Does anyone have an extra day?

Does anyone else feel like they could get SOO much accomplished, if they just didn't have their work to do? I know. It's irrational.

But sometimes I feel like, "If I just didn't have students today, I could get so many papers graded."

or

"If I just didn't have a dinner to go to, I could get the house clean."

or

"If I could just have a day, with nothing to do, I could get it all done!"

Because that makes sense, right? uh-huh, yeah.

A wise man I know once said, "I look for busy people to do ministry. They already know how to organize their time well." (my paraphrase)

Anyway, I know I'm being slightly paradoxical, because I just said I wanted a day with no busyness, and the quote doesn't so much go with that...but at the same time, it all makes sense. At least in my head.

On a separate note, that is related...last night, I cut down a tree. It was growing in a beautiful pot. And I was hoping to save the pot. But that didn't happen. The tree had grown so much that the roots had eventually crept through the bottom of the pot. My tugging and pushing and shoving eventually split the pot into four pieces. The whole tree: pot, roots and all is now in much smaller pieces in the trash can. Whoo-hoo!

I started trimming another tree, hoping for it to come down, too. I quickly learned my height and tool limitations. I will attack that tree again after I borrow a ladder and purchase a certain saw, which name is currently eluding me.

I did do some picking up around the house, laundry, dishes, etc. But there's only so much you can do when NCIS is on!

Tonight's agenda: finish every project I began last night.

1 comment:

  1. i have a saw if you need one. One is electric and will work on smaller branches!

    ReplyDelete