Monday, August 06, 2007

Taking a moment...

I'm having some friends over for dinner tonight. I'm excited they're coming! I haven't seen two of them in months, so it's going to be great to catch up! I've been to the grocery store twice today. On the second trip, I intended to get a couple of items that I need for an event tomorrow and totally forgot...so I'll be going again (but not today!)

I've got the fruit, for the tart I'm making, sliced with sugar sprinkled over the top in preparation to go on the pastry puff that is thawing (I know, it's cheating to use pre-prepared, but that's what I'm doing.) I've got the créme fraîche standing on the counter...it needs a couple more hours before I can use it. The salmon is in the fridge and the shrimp is in a sinkful of water so I can take the skin and tails off. The napkins are in the dryer. My bed is made and my shoes are picked up off the floor. I haven't dusted yet and the table isn't set either. There are a several other miscellaneous things I need to do before 7:00. However, I'm confidant I'll be ready by the time everyone arrives.

I'm just sitting for a moment to try to allow the air conditioner to catch up with the heat and take a breather. I feel like I've been running non-stop since I got up this morning!

I just remembered something else I need from the grocery store for tonight...so it looks like I'll be going again today after all. Groan.

No comments:

Post a Comment