Friday, August 03, 2007

Sleep (y) (less)

I haven't been sleeping very well lately. The past month or so has been kind of "off," for lack of a better description. For awhile, I was sleeping late, then staying up late and got into kind of a pattern. Then when I needed to get up early, I couldn't go to sleep early, because I had slept late.... You get the picture.

I go back to work in one week. This past week, I've been trying to go to bed at more of a decent hour and setting an alarm to wake up at a decent hour. Certainly not as early as I will when I do go back to work, but still earlier than I'd been getting up. When I go to bed, my body is physically tired, but not sleepy. This means I can't fall asleep at all...and so just lay there. Extremely frustrating! Last night is a perfect example. I go to bed. I lay there with my mind running sometimes and blank others. My body is tired. My legs ache with the "you haven't slept enough lately" feeling. After 45 minutes, I get up and move to the couch. I stick in a movie thinking, "I'll get sleepy and turn it off in a bit. I'll just sleep on the couch." No such luck. I watch the entire movie, the deleted scenes and the bloopers! At 3:15 I finally go to bed and still lay there for a few minutes before blissfully falling into slumber. Of course, I was not so blissful when my alarm went off at 8:00 o'clock this morning.

So now, I'm dragging and want to take a nap. But if I do that, I'll be in the exact same boat tonight! Argh!

No comments:

Post a Comment