Wednesday, August 01, 2007

Doomed to have bad neighbors?

I have lived in my apartment for 2 years. In that period of time, I've had three downstairs neighbors.

The first guy that lived there was a drunk who was not nice to his girlfriend. She finally had the guts to leave him for good. That same weekend I had a busted sideview mirror waiting for me when I walked out to my car Sunday morning. I'm pretty sure he was venting his not-so-happy feelings at her decision.

The next people to live there was a couple and their 16 month old son. I was introduced to these people on January 1 (definition: morning after a very late night) at 6am when she was screaming over the phone at the police to come and remove her mother. This went on for an hour. Little did I know, it would become a regular occurence for their entire 6 month stay. Their son was adorable and never a problem. However, 2-3 times a week the man and woman would have screaming and slamming fights. They always started about 2 in the morning.

The most recent neighbor must have moved in this past weekend. I saw her for the first time today while we were both doing laundry. She looks nice enough. However, as I'm typing this post at 10:37pm, the bass on her stereo is so loud that if I was trying to sleep, well....it wouldn't be happening.

No comments:

Post a Comment