Wednesday, February 28, 2007

I have a confession...


Oh no...could it be? Maybe I'm not as organized and/or clean as I thought. I think of myself as a pretty organized and "withit" kind of person. I like everything to have a place and be in its place. This is what I think about myself anyway. Yet, I keep things in my car for days, weeks, who am I kidding..months at a time. I have piles of mail on my desk at home that I have barely glanced at. I drape clothes over a chair in my bedroom and only move them when people are coming over. When I do laundry, sometimes it sits in the basket for days and I just go get what I need out of the basket as I need it. It isn't even folded much less a priority to put it away. My work life is the same way. I try to stay on top of grading papers, doing lesson plans, and making copies, but so often I'm doing it at the last minute. Often times I head down to the copier to run a test through while the students are sitting at their desks waiting for it! I like my desk, at all times, to be neat enough that I can "see wood" but ofttimes that is not the case at all. It is not a question of "do I have stacks?", but "how many stacks do I have?" and on top of each other too...but I (usually) know where everything is! They say geniuses thrive on clutter, and I had always scoffed at that statement, because I was neat! (A little arrogance, I know...) However, I'm wondering if it isn't so much that geniuses thrive on clutter as those of us that have too much to do simply never have time to put it all away!

No comments:

Post a Comment