Tuesday, January 16, 2007

School in Session

All the hype that comes with cold weather in the south and we get nothin'! After a few phone calls, checking out school and weather websites and watching the skies for precipitation, nothing happened! We're still in school today. Now, I admit, personally I would have loved to have another day off. I'm not quite done with lesson plans. I could have done some laundry. I would have enjoyed sleeping in, reading a book, or watching television. Professionaly, however; I'm very glad we have school today. The TAKS test is 5 weeks from today and there is simply no time for an extra day off school. These kiddos need all the instruction they can get!

I'm starting grad school today and if you know me at all you know what a process this has been. I just found out Thursday that I'd been accepted and needed to find out what classes I needed to take, enroll, buy books/pkg pass, etc. Because of the "delay", I was only able to purchase books on Friday and they're coming in the mail. For that reason only, I was hoping U of H would cancel classes today, b/c I don't have my books yet! Now, there is still hope for that, but I'm not holding my breath.

1 comment: