Thursday, January 25, 2007

I'm confused...

I had a student call home today to make sure the parents were aware that some materials were constantly being left at home and they needed to come to school. I'm standing next to said student, making sure they convey all necessary infomation. After a few minutes, student hands me the phone and I hear a lecture from the parent. "I could hear you talking to my child, and I was telling him to let me talk to you." The parent kept saying this over and over in a way that was obvious it was my fault that said student had not given me the phone. When I explained that I wasn't on the phone and did not hear the request, that we were simply being helpful by passing along a request for materials to return to school, I was promptly hung up on.

In some ways, this explains my frustration with students. I mean, if parents behave like this, of course the child reflects the behavior. In other ways, I'm so confused...

No comments:

Post a Comment