Tuesday, January 23, 2007

Eye opening

A few days ago I learned that a former student of mine now has cancer. He's 12. As I've been praying for his family, his parents, younger brother (11) and younger sister (6), I've been struggling with the question we all do in situations like these, "why?" I haven't come to any solid conclusions. I mean, I know the world is a fallen world. I know that God can use all things for His glory. I know that God is only good and that He is walking through this with that family, every step of the way. But my heart still breaks for them. My own perspective has changed a little but, as it does when faced with all life's pitches. This time, the change was more outward. Love others, be Christ to others; my paraphrase of 1 John 4. Hate can be defined with the word indifference. There are many in my life whom I act indifferent towards. I'm now working consciously working to change that.

1 comment:

  1. Lee Strobel discusses this issue in The Case for Faith. A REALLY good read...

    ReplyDelete