Thursday, January 18, 2007

Brrrrr!


I think this is how most Houstonians have felt in the last few days! I admit it is much colder than we are used to here in Houston. I don't know about you, but my "office" is cold like this all the time. I keep a heavy sweater, scarf, and mittens in my classroom at all times. Occasionally, I bring a coat and have that as well. Now these are not only used for outside track and recess times, but are worn in the classroom! The students stay cold too. They are consistently wearing the dresscode jackets, hoodies and sweaters. Even in August, we are all freezing in the building. The rumor is that the school calendar had to change (Beginning next year, school can't start before the last Monday in August.) because it would save on electricity bills. Well, if they would stop freezing everyone out, I'm certain that would help as well!

I can certainly relate to this little creature, who must be thinking "Is it supposed to be this cold?"

No comments:

Post a Comment