Monday, January 15, 2007

Interesting Car Experiences

I was driving to meet a friend for dinner the other day when I came to some traffic at a green light. Apparently the first car in the right lane was stopped and, due to traffic, other cars were having trouble getting around it. I'm chatting on the phone with a friend and wondering at the stopped SUV until I pull up beside the vehicle and see a man slumped over his steering wheel, unmoving. I hang up with my friend and call 911, deciding this was an emergency situation.

Just a few minutes later, I'm pulling into Fadi's and find a spot in the crowded parking lot. There is a man getting in the car next to me and he starts talking to me through the glass. Now I'm a single female, alone in my car, so I keep talking to my friend on the phone and ignore him. Well, come to find out, he had a to-go order that he had set down on the ground while he was getting in the car and I had run over his food!

Neither of these events had ever happened to me before and within ten minutes, while talking to the same friend on the phone, two unusual car experiences occurred!

1 comment: