Monday, July 08, 2013

An Evening at Home Means a Conundrum

Clearly, it's been a busy few weeks! ;)

My parents are always willing to help out and I asked them to have fun with my little one at their house, so I could have a few hours of absolute downtime.  My plan was to lay on the couch and watch DVR, I mean, I was going to go all out lazy!  But when Dad came to pick her up, he also dropped off an organizer I'd bought on Saturday that Mom and Dad had tweaked for me.  That meant, I had a conundrum.

I seriously sat on my couch for 24 minutes and thought about what I should do.

Should I rest?

Should I clean out my closet and organize?

Should I get a handle on the toys and clothes in her closet?

Should I rest and then organize?

Should I organize and then rest?

I finally decided to head to the closet.  I'd been wanting to do it for awhile and having the organizer was a blessing!  I folded up sweaters and sweatshirts and long sleeve tees and jackets and they are now neatly organized and out of the way.  I cleaned out VHS movies that I'd been holding onto for sentimental reasons I guess.  I threw away a bunch of hangars.  I have a couple of items for Goodwill.  I even have two pockets of the organizer that aren't full!  Plus side pockets to hold accessories!  All my purses went to the shelf that used to hold the VHS.

I still need to clean out the cookbooks and face facts that the new red shoes hurt my feet and I don't ever wear them, but for the most part, my closet is organized.

Little Bit's closet organization will be for another time.  We have a meeting soon where I will find out a lot more information, so I'm waiting until then before doing anything major.  But, I'm pretty sure that closet will be getting this organizer shelf, too.  It's fantastic!

After I cleaned out my closet, I headed down for the DVR.  I still wasn't sure what to do with myself.  One thing about single parenting is that it's pretty difficult to run errands, especially if I have a late night hankering for _______________.  I mean, that's just not going to happen.  Now's my chance!  Ice Cream!  Chuy's!  Chili's!  The sky's the limit!

I wasn't hungry.

Can you believe my luck?

I did watch Pioneer Woman and the beginnings of a Criminal Minds re-run.

It was weird.  It was like I didn't know what to do with myself.

I went and picked her up and helped out my parents with a couple things around the house.  When we came home, and snuggled in "our" chair for stories and prayers before bed, things felt right again.

Don't get me wrong.  I enjoyed the little time a part, but it was good to reunite, too.

No comments:

Post a Comment