Saturday, January 08, 2011

A New Life

I'm still getting used to life after grad school.  Having a weekend to do with as I wish is amazingly wonderful!

This week has been slower at work, which means I was home by 4:30 yesterday.  I had fun outside.  I know it was a LOOOOOONG time ago, but I haven't forgotten about the additions from Joshua or my brownish-green thumb and certainly haven't forgotten about the major changes made over time!  This time, I was just doing maintenance.  No big changes, so no pics, but I loved it!  It makes me smile that I like working outside, because it makes me think of Grandma and how very much she enjoyed 'piddling,' as we called it, in her garden.

I had fun at Mark and Darrick's house last night.  We watched the Aggies start off wonderfully well!  And then...well, end not as well.  However, we had fun chatting, laughing and eating great food!

This morning, a few of us helped Veronica pack and load up the truck for her move to Dallas.  I'm sad to see her go.  We had fun walking together EARLY one morning each week.  However, I know she's excited and following the Lord so I'm excited for her.

From there, I joined Nancy and Roy for breakfast at Pappasitto's.  Nancy introduced our small group to Pappasitto's pancakes in early December.  They're fabulous!  If you haven't been, you definitely need to try it out.

After that, I was going to be productive and run a few errands.  I got REALLY sleepy though, so came home for a nap.  That I ended up taking 2 hours later because I did get a bit of a productive bug.  It was just nice to do things around the house!

While I was writing this post, Katherine called to chat and catch up.  I was able to articulate how very much I am valuing my life post grad school.  It's just been a new found freedom that I am loving every minute of!  Even such a thing as being able to answer the phone to chat when a friend calls!

No comments:

Post a Comment