Friday, January 14, 2011

Odd Evening

I was driving home from a meeting last night and had a couple of errands to run.  I was trying to decide the best order of things.  I needed gas, the grocery store, Babies R Us, Hobby Lobby, and Bed, Bath and Beyond.  Though not all those things occurred to me at one time.

Sometimes I laugh at my wayward thinking...and sometimes I groan.  I've decided I only need a couple things from the grocery store, so I'll go to my neighborhood Randall's instead of dealing with parking at HEB...since it's so cold outside.  Hobby Lobby is on the way.  Then I remember I'd wanted to stop at Babies R Us...except I remembered as I was driving by the store...which, when on the highway, means I'd already passed it.  It's in the same parking lot as HEB, so obviously that makes sense to just handle it all at once.  But I've already passed it, so I decide to go on to Hobby Lobby, and then u-turn and come back.  It's 7:36 and Hobby Lobby closes at 8...but I know exactly what I need and where it is located, so I know it will work. 

Hobby Lobby is the same exit I use to go home.  Yep, the SAME exit I use almost every day.  If not every day, at least 5 times a week.  I mean, it's MY EXIT.

Do I take that exit?  Nope.  That would make sense.

I didn't think my mind was wandering, but obviously I wasn't paying attention, because instead of exiting the Beltway Frontage Road...I got ON the beltway.  Yeah, because THAT didn't take me way out of my way!

Sigh.

So, I exit as soon as possible, u-turn, go through a bunch of red lights and head back to Hobby Lobby.  I get what I need and go to HEB where I get gas and stop off next door at Babies R Us.  At this point, I decide not to go to the grocery store and know I don't have to go to BBB tonight, so I head home.

I pull into my alley and la, la, la, la, la...just drivin' along.  Wha!  I just passed my spot!

What's my deal?!

No comments:

Post a Comment