Sunday, January 02, 2011

2010 Annual Review

I got an idea from Kelly's Korner to do an Annual Review of my life and goals in 2009. I decided it was a great way to reflect and loved doing it here and continued it here.  I've decided to do it again this year!

FIVE THINGS I'M THANKFUL FOR IN 2010

1. I'm thankful for friends. I love hanging out with my college girlfriends. We try to do it yearly and were able to meet in Houston this year for a weekend of shopping together, laughing together, and praying together.  Now that's my kind of weekend!!  Each of us had a rough year...or at least a 'weird' year...and it was good to be with women we can count on...let our hair down with...and just cry...and remember...and laugh.  Love y'all!




Ever have a friend that you may not get to see all the time, but when you do there's a connection?  An honest 'realness' that both of you show? 
AJ, you are someone I can be that person with and I love you for it!  You make me think.  You make me laugh.  You push me to be a better me.  Love you!


Julie,  I love that we think alike and are already thinking the same things about a certain situation before one of us brings it up!  :)  You make me laugh and smile and laugh some more!  I loved watching you lead the women of Paradigm!  I love that you're "girly."  Your sweet notes and drop by gifts always make my day!  Love you!



Melody, your friendship has been constant and I so appreciate that!  You're a tenacious friend that doesn't give up.  Know that and claim it!  Your laughter makes me smile and your name on my phone does the same.  I know there are many things that bring up "I'm not sure we can be friends anymore." but I'm oh so glad we can! :)  Love you!


Meredith, I'm sitting on the floor of my dining room and thinking of what I want to write about you and just smiling.  That's what you do!  Your love of music and your love of children and your WONDERFUL teaching all shine through in you.  I LOVE that you love kids and want to instill a love for music in them.  You are a FABULOUS teacher and whether you continue in your own studio or are on staff at a school, I know you are a blessing.  Love you!



2. I'm thankful for my family, both immediate and extended. I love our traditions of gathering at certain places for certain holidays. I love the games we know we're going to play and the new ones we learn. I'm thankful for their advice through life's struggles. I'm thankful we all live within driving distance of each other so we CAN see each other as often as we do.

3. I'm thankful for good health. I never thought about how much that meant, or how much I took it for granted, until I didn't always have it.  Right now, I'm doing fine and I praise God for that.

4. I'm thankful for a job environment that is supportive and challenging.  I don't always agree with the top dog's decisions, but I love my kids, my team and my bosses.






5. I'm thankful for a church family that has fun laughing and playing together. We are constantly in each other's lives. We grow together. We sharpen each other. We teach each other. We serve together. We stretch each other. We travel together. We work together. We are family.







FIVE WAYS I WANT TO IMPROVE IN 2011

1. I'd like to have more patience.  This is a scary thing to pray for...because He will provide opportunities to grow my patience!

2. I'd like to be a better daughter. I want to pray for my parents more often.

3. I want to be a better teacher. I want to search out creative ways to teach a certain concept and not trust the old way all the time. I want see each child as a little person and not just a student.  I want to mentor them and help to shape them into the person God has for them to be.

4. I want to pay off debts.  This was a little bit of a tough year with some medical bills as well as tuition.  I want to be as wise as possible when it comes to spending money and pay off my debts as quickly as I can.

5. I want to make my word mean something...well exactly what I said.  I want my yes to mean yes and my no to mean no.  My generation has gotten very sloppy with this.  I want to model something better for the next generation and glorify the Lord in following His word by doing it.


FIVE WAYS I WANT TO GIVE AND HELP OTHERS IN 2011

1. I have applied to be a Child Advocate.  I know adoption is in my future, but it is not in my present.  I pray that being a Child Advocate, I can begin helping the neglected and abused NOW even though I can't bring one into my home.

2. I want to pay attention to the little nuances of life through conversations with friends and help when I can.  I want to be paying attention enough to think about those little things that can really brighten someone's day.

3. I want to do babysit for friends so they can go out.  I want to chat with friends while we clean their house together.  I just want to live life together and help someone out at the same time.

4. I want to create a sense of community in my little neighborhood. I'd like to invite my close neighbors over for a meal and start the process of getting to know each other.  I've been wanting to do this for a long time, but other obligations impeded the process.  Those are wrapped up, so now I can move forward!

5. I want to see a stranger's need and be able to help it practically.  I'm not sure what that looks like, but I pray He will show me in His timing.

No comments:

Post a Comment