Sunday, August 03, 2008

A Conundrum

I know the word "conundrum" is a part of the title of my blog, but I don't think I've ever actually used it in a blog post.

This past Spring, several teachers were in the news for their myspace pages and facebook accounts. A teacher friend of mine, and fellow blogger, made her blog private due to this very reason. I'm thinking about it and may do the same thing, so be prepared if you come one day and are denied access. In that instance, email me and I'll invite you to read it. I'll probably go through the process some time this week, before returning to work.

Being without a car has its perks. One being that I can't drive anywhere and thus when it is necessary for me to go somewhere, others come and get me. Hey, this saves me gas money. Amusing since the fixing of my car is costing me money, but hey I'm looking for the perks! ;)

I've done quite a bit of cleaning. I pulled out my refrigerator and scrubbed the floor. I learned part of my kitchen cabinet (usually hidden by the fridge) is rotting and called maintenance to come fix it. I took all the pictures and magnets off the fridge and cleaned it thoroughly. I was amused at the Christmas picture duplicates (2006 and 2007) and wedding invitations that were long passed (Kelly and Eric's), but still taking up space. I did some sorting! :)

Laundry is washed, dried AND put away. (This is HUGE for me!)

All furniture but my desk is organized, dusted and cleaned. I'll do my desk tomorrow.

There are some stains on the carpet that need washed. I'm trying to figure out the best way to accomplish this. Maintenance made the spots, so should I have them wash the carpet or just spot the stains myself? Washing the entire apartment's carpet could be annoying and I'm not sure I want to add that to my list of things to do right now.

I've also TOTALLY cleaned my kitchen. Something that doesn't happen often. My kitchen is not large, and the counter space is taken up with the toaster and coffee maker as well as any little odds and ends paperwork that seems to collect. All that is put away now, making my counter seem empty (because it is, but WEIRD!)

1 comment:

  1. Awww... You had our invitation on your refrigerator. :)

    ReplyDelete