Thursday, April 10, 2008

Spring Blahs

I know this is a slightly contradictory post. I mean Spring is when everything grows and appears new, right? Yet, in teaching, it is when we are the most tired and begin to feel burned out. However, this is not a post enitrely about my profession. :)

I don't want my lunch. I want to go to McDonald's or Subway. Anything but the frozen dinner that is currently growing bits of ice crystals in my refrigerator. I know an occasional lunch out is not detrimental to health or pocketbook. However, I am trying to buy a house this summer. The more money I save, the more I have to put down or use for closing costs, moving expenses, etc.

But I don't want my SmartOne.

Blah.

2 comments:

  1. Totally understand that feeling! Hubby and I have realized we really like it when there are leftovers from dinner we can take for lunch. Or even a sandwich (who would have thought?!?)! Anything but a frozen dinner would make me happy most days!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I feel your pain, Alyssa, I can't even look at SmartOnes or LeanCuisines or anything like that after eating them for years. And now, I'm starting to feel the same way about leftovers, especially chicken!

    ReplyDelete