I'm learning all sorts of things while house hunting.
1. www.har.com is an excellent tool, though i might have some suggestions for making it a superb tool
2. the bank thinks i can afford a larger mortgage than i think i can
3. houston has some REALLY old homes
4. "investor's special" is a secret code for 'crappy house'
5. every sellers' initial expectation of price is a little unrealistic. some sellers' initial expectation of price is completely unrealistic
6. pictures do NOT always match with the real thing
7. going to look is a lot of fun
8. i have great friends to use for sounding boards and another pair of eyes, too
9. there are always more questions to ask a realtor or lender than i would have ever thought of on my own
10. asking questions is an excellent way to realize how oh so very little i actually know...but i'm learning!