Wednesday, April 09, 2008

First Fruit and Yogurt Parfait

I just enjoyed my first fruit and yogurt parfait. I'd heard of others liking them. I admit, I'd turned my nose up a little bit. I didn't think the yogurt part looked any good. Just plain ole yogurt? Yeck. Okay, a little granola. That could possibly taste like whole-grain healthiness. The fruit part, sure I like fruit. But the other two, not so sure about that. So, during the rage of McDonald's fruit and yogurt parfaits and whoever else copied them, I've never had one...until today.

I stopped at Starbucks for a gift card and saw them in the cooler. Something clicked. It looked wonderful! I don't know if it was because it was blueberries and strawberries or what, but I wanted to buy one! Once I picked it up, a flicker of doubt set in. The look of the yogurt caused me to question it's sweetness. Is it going to be gross and healthy tasting? I decided to overcome my doubts and plunge for the purchase. I chuckled at myself to realize I was going to pay $3.45 for something I wasn't sure about, when something similar was on the dollar menu at McDonald's. Oh, well, that is classic me anyway.

This breakfast concoction is absolutely delicious! The granola gives it the perfect crunch. There is some juice/syrup from the berries for the one last drop of sweetness being scraped away with my long handled spoon. The yogurt and fruit mixture tasted like any other off-the-shelf yogurt.

In other words, yummy!

No comments:

Post a Comment