Thursday, May 24, 2007

Blueberry Muffins

I made blueberry muffins this morning for my students. The plan was to greet them at the door with a napkin and breakfast. I got up early to mix the batter and put them in to bake before I jumped in the shower to get ready for the day.

I needed three pans of muffin tins. I grease the tins, mix the batter, spoon it in to the tin and slide them into the oven. Well, I slide the first two into the oven anyway. The third pan fell and landed on the door of the oven, upside down! I had to respoon batter (yes, I had some extra) and then try to clean batter off the door of the oven. The oven was hot, so the kerplopped batter is already starting to bake. Sizzling blueberries are difficult to touch, let me tell you! I just grab lots of papertowels and scoop as much of it as I can into the trash can.

About fifteen minutes later, my smoke alarm starts going off as I open the oven to pull out the pans of muffins. Are the muffins burnt? No, but the batter left stuck to the door is another story.

I'm sure I'll have lots of fun cleaning it off.

No comments:

Post a Comment