Monday, May 28, 2007

Are you striving with someone for that person?

"Now I beg you, brethren, through the Lord Jesus Christ, and through the love of the Spirit, that you strive together with me in prayers to God for me," Romans 15:30.

A few friends and I discussed this verse last night at Bible Study. It made me think.

There have been times in my life when I was desperate for fellow believers to be striving with me in prayer for me. There have also been times when I have strived in prayer for a fellow believer.

The word strive is a pretty strong word. Merriam Webster's definition: to devote serious effort or energy.

I was challenged by this verse and want to extend the same challenge to you.

Are you devoting serious effort or energy in prayer with someone for that someone?

No comments:

Post a Comment