Monday, September 02, 2013

First Week of School

Last week was BUSY!  First weeks of school are always chaotic for teachers.  Throw in moving into a portable and being a new mommy to a new kindergartner and life was a little out of control.  Monday she fell asleep in the car on the way home, which made bedtime that night a little difficult.  I've been told by other kindergarten mommies that Ks fall asleep in the 6:00 hour during Kindergarten.  I was looking forward to that, because that meant I could have some "me" time and of course, the first week of school I go to bed early, too!  Nope.  8:15.

Tuesday, she was HY-PER.  And yes, capital letters are necessary.  They'd had birthday donuts to celebrate a student's birthday and she was still bouncing off the walls when I picked her up.  But, she crashed and was asleep by 7:45.

She goes to after school care, which is in the cafeteria at our school.  They go out to the playground, which I like and she loves, so it's great.  However, she comes home sweaty-gross and in desperate need of a shower!

7:45 is now about the time she falls asleep.  It's working well.  I've been crashing not long after her, but am looking forward to the days when I have the energy to stay up a little bit longer.

As we drive to school each day, she chatters about what she's learned.  It's fun to hear about building bird's nests at recess with a new little friend and good choices and bad choices and "bubbles" in the hallway.

On Friday, her teacher showed me a worksheet they had done.  J had traced the word "am" and then written it herself FIVE times!  We've been working hard all summer, but writing letters or numbers on her own hasn't been something she's been able to do UNTIL NOW!  I am SO proud of her!

My Little Miss is smart and a hard worker and she WANTS to do things right.  She's strong willed and learning to compromise and a silly princess.

We're having fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment