Saturday, September 21, 2013

I need vision

The Village had a Night of Worship on Friday night.  It was amazing!  I am blessed every time my church gathers together.

One song we sang really got my attention.

Some of the words are:

God I look to You
I won't be overwhelmed
Give me vision to see things like You do
God I look to You
You're where my help comes from
Give me wisdom, You know just what to do

I admit, my thoughts immediately went to my little one.  I want His vision to see her like He does.  I need more wisdom.  I definitely do NOT know just what to do.  But He does.

I want to see the brokenhearted and have compassion for them.

That might mean my little one.  It might mean my students.  It might mean my friends.  It might mean someone I am around in a restaurant or grocery store.  I want to see the brokenhearted the way Christ sees them.  I want to acknowledge they're hurting and smile.  I want to have a more compassionate heart.  

God, I look to you.  
You're where my help comes from.
Give me wisdom, You know just what to do

Yes, Lord!


No comments:

Post a Comment