Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Emotional Eating

I didn't sleep well Monday night...stayed up too late and then was restless throughout the night. 

Which means Tuesday was full of caffeinated beverages!

At the end of the day, I read this post...and by the end I'm tearing up because I want a baby someday, too and laughing because she's just so real.

A parent of a 4th grader (not one of mine) came and talked with me about a project she was helping us with.  Long story short, she's not going to to do it...

She'd already rubbed me the wrong way a few weeks back about being willing to help her child's teacher, but not willing to do enough to help me too.  The project is making the game Concentration with vocabulary words and definitions.  Several parents are helping and they're all making 10 sets of each list of words.  5 sets for one reading teacher and 5 sets for the other reading teacher.  This particular mom wasn't willing to make 10 sets...and wanted me to find another parent willing to make my 5 sets.  Yeah...rude.

And now, she's not going to do it at all.

So I'm tired because I didn't sleep well.

I've dealt with a parent that is backing out when we need the materials she had volunteered to do.

I've read a post that has me laughing and crying.

But mostly, I'm tired.

I go home and eat chocolate pie...ummm, half the pie.

Yeah, not supposed to do that.  (I hear Hagrid in my head saying "I wasn't supposed to tell you that.  I was NOT supposed to tell you that.)

No comments:

Post a Comment