Friday, March 21, 2008

Reflection

The Broken for You service at church last night was amazing in its simplicity. I would love to know what media she used to write with and on...I was mesmerized to watch the face of my Savior appear out of orange and yellow and white.

We were handed a nail on the way in...it was rough on the edges and sharp all the way around. Where am I going to put this? I thought to myself. My thoughts immediately stopped. Yes, it's sharp and rough. But ones much more rough-hewn were pounded into Christ's wrists and feet.

As we're singing:

As morning dawns and evening fades
You inspire songs of praise
That rise from earth to touch Your heart and glorify Your Name

[Chorus:]
Your Name is a strong and mighty tower
Your Name is a shelter like no other
Your Name, let the nations sing it louder
‘Cause nothing has the power to save
But Your Name

Jesus, in Your Name we pray
Come and fill our hearts today
Lord, give us strength to live for You and glorify Your Name

[Chorus:]
Your Name is a strong and mighty tower
Your Name is a shelter like no other
Your Name, let the nations sing it louder
‘Cause nothing has the power to save but Your Name

[Chorus:]
Your Name is a strong and mighty tower
Your Name is a shelter like no other
Your Name, let the nations sing it louder
‘Cause nothing has the power to save but

[Chorus:]
Your Name is a strong and mighty tower
Your Name is a shelter like no other
Your Name, let the nations sing it louder
‘Cause nothing has the power to save but Your Name
‘Cause nothing has the power to save but Your Name


she is writing Christ's names on...a board...of some sort with a white pen, like a glow pen maybe. Then our voices fade away and the band plays and she picks up a gallon of paint...and with her hand begins to smear. It took a few seconds to realize what was going to appear... Is she just smearing over the names of the Lord or is something beautiful going to come through this? Orange and yellow and white...with red at the very end. I am amazed at what an artist can create in such a short period of time.

God is like that. Creating something so beautiful out of something so simple. He takes his time. He does not rush. We may feel as if a moment has gone by ... or maybe a year. Either way, He is creating a masterpiece. I want to be watching it. I want to experience it. I don't want to sit back and complain that what He is doing is messing up something I feel is beautiful by itself. The list of the Lord's names was beautiful...but to see his face come alive in front of my own eyes is beyond measure.

What is the Lord doing in my life today? Am I complaining because he is covering up something beautiful? Am I sitting back and watching? Am I experiencing it?

No comments:

Post a Comment