Saturday, December 29, 2007

Ski Trip minus the skiing

At our extended family gathering, we discussed plans for next year. This is fairly typical for us, as we like to know in advance what we need to plan for...whether it be a slight change in tradition or something monetarily. This year we discussed a ski trip for next year. Now, only half the family will actually ski. However, it should still be a fun time for all. We'll snowmobile, shop, tube, shop, build snowmen, shop, play games, sit by the fire, shop, use a hot tub, play tricks on the kiddos, and just in general have a grand ole time. I will not be a skiier, but will need to purchase wintry clothes just the same. Living in Houston does not afford the need for cold weather clothes. Therefore I will need to go shopping. Darn! :)

Not to mention saving up for this expedition. I am glad we discussed it now. I need to budget! We have already decided this will be "Christmas" meaning no gifts will be exchanged next year. I doubt my parents really follow that guideline, but I'm okay with that.

We will caravan from Oklahoma City to Colorado. A fun trip of 12 hours, not counting the fact I will have already driven from Houston to Plano and then Plano to Ok City.

However, I do like winter and don't get to experience it often. So, while it is twelve months away, I will begin getting excited now!

No comments:

Post a Comment