Friday, December 07, 2007

Don't give a dern

I was listening to the radio this morning on my way to work, when this song came on.

I'm not good at that...not worrying about what others think I mean. When I teach, I want feedback from my principal on how I could do better. When friends come over to my apartment, I want everything in order and neat. When people come over for dinner, I worry that they're comparing my cooking to someone else's or that everything has to be perfect. When I speak in front of friends, I want to know what _________ thinks about what I said. When I have a conflict with someone, I want someone else to tell me where I am wrong or right...how I could have handled things differently. I think about what I wear and what my makeup looks like, because I want to be found acceptable and trendy. The person I'm trying to please may change, depending on the situation, but my heart and attitude are still one of trying to please. I wish I could adopt a little more of the "don't give a dern" attitude!

No comments:

Post a Comment