Sunday, October 13, 2013

Mental Snapshots

Mom, J and I went for a walk this afternoon.  It was very overcast and occasionally drizzled on us, but overall it was very pleasant outside.  We just walked up and down a few blocks near my parents' house.  We've done this before.  Mom and J do it very often when they're hanging out together.

We always have fun choosing which direction to turn at each choice and about turning left or the kitty cat across the street.  We talk about different yards and flowers and birds that we see.  I always enjoy seeing how her mind works and hearing the questions she asks.

Towards the end of the walk, it's pretty obvious she's getting tired.  Not just from the walk but from a busy day.

She asked Grandma to skip with her, and they began to skip and race and do fun little jumps and twirls with their hair bouncing out behind them.

I took a mental picture, and my heart smiled.

No comments:

Post a Comment