Sunday, November 08, 2009

A Lesson Learned

A few months ago Mom told me I needed to be more independent. It really hurt my feelings and I was sharing that with a girlfriend...and she said she agreed with my mom. Yeah...it was a great day.

Since then though, I've been able to see times where they are right. Sometimes I too quickly ask for help. I'm not trying to be all feminist, "I can do EVERYTHING!" at all, but at the same time I don't need to constantly ask someone else how to do something. Sometimes, I really can figure it out on my own.

Today:
I put my kitchen faucet back together. It has been in pieces on my kitchen counter for two weeks.

I figured out a pretty intricate (to me) aspect of Excel that will help me immensely in doing my budget each month.

These are just today!

And the feeling of accomplishment is pretty fantastic!

No comments:

Post a Comment