Tuesday, October 02, 2007

Praise God for rejuvenation!

I was on vacation last week. I flew to Dallas Tuesday evening and drove to Arkansas with my family Wednesday morning. We usually go the week after Labor Day. This year we went two weeks later. The Lord knew how much I would need a break at that exact time. Last Monday, I was ready to throw in the towel. I was overwhelmed emotionally, physically and mentally and had no reserves left to pull from. Of course, MY reserves were empty. There isn't a whole lot there to begin with. I am human after all. I have a bad habit of leaning on my own understanding way to often. This mindset, of course, creeps into leaning on myself at all times and for all things. The purpose of this vacation was this same this year as the last ten years. Rest, relax, recooperate and rebuild. My mom and I hiked trails and were able to invest in each other one on one with stories, laughter and tears. My dad and I played cards and shared hugs (He's great for "bear" hugs when I'm having a bad day.) We were able to laugh and let go of some stress in our work lives. Angela watched a lot of football. Dad did a lot of fishing. We all got on a boat and enjoyed the out of doors, too. Throughout all of this, the Lord was telling me, "I provide loved ones for you to lean on. I am here for you to lean on. I love you. I created all the beautiful nature around you, and I created YOU. Come to me when you are weary. Come to me before you are weary. I will help you carry the burden."

Sometimes, I feel so stupid. How many times in my life do I need to learn the same lesson? How many times will I be out of energy? How many times will there be nothing left for me to pour out, before I realize I need to go to Him FIRST? I'm not sure. I know I am a work in progress and pray each day that I will learn what He is teaching.

All of this realization didn't make my work any less. I still have some major things going on. I still have some big commitments and deadlines and timelines to work through. However, my mentality has changed. I'm now trying to look at my situation through the Lord's perspective and not looking at the Lord through my situation.

No comments:

Post a Comment